I have spent the last couple of months redefining and reassessing my spiritual/belief structure I tried to force myself into the role of believer, I have tried to define myself as some sort of deist, I have even looked back into my childhood brainwashing as a catholic and none of these devices suit me more than my lack of belief or atheism. In the case of christianity you (christains) seem to favor a structure that is based on the drawing of lines. This is what a christian is this is what you do and there is no tolerance held with in your various sects (you must believe as I do or else you are not a true christain). It seems this device is used by all christains to some extent or another. I believe and have spent my life banishing lines drawn in the sand through education and the adopting of seeing the world through the eyes of my opponents while trying to look through the windows of their beliefs and attitudes. I am sure that many of you have a backlog of loud and noisy defenses that you can pull out but I would like to ask you on what do you base your opinions. What makes you an authority? What makes you even as a devout christian a spokesperson for christianity, political discourse, Or the interaction between the two. I will go back to my original position before all of the mental gymnastics I put myself through. Each person is entitled to their own delusions as long as they do not interfere with mine. Although I have modified my approach to christianity (or as I used to call it Christ-insanity) I will never use that term again because it disrespectful to those who believe differently from me. Belief and the lack of it (atheism being my own brand of delusion) is a personal thing and as long as it does not hurt, hurt those I call friends or family, is illegal (human sacrifice), or demands that it is the ONLY truth then I see no reason against it. Any other attempt to demean insult, disenfranchise, poke fun at, or that is just plainly wrong will see and can expect a hearty round of disapproval from me. After watching another Viner’s efforts at cannibalism in the name of politics and belief for the last six months or so I am convinced that there will be no peace in this world, respect for others, or any genuine form of human solidarity until the world learns that reality is something to be enjoyed and is preferable to the lies, distortions, and deceptions or ANY religious thought or expression. Religion here on the vine seems to take on a course of division, and insult from both directions.
Atheist: Any person who devoutly believes there is no such thing as a god. Atheism is not a bbelief system until such a time as it is held up for discussion and or debate. A Lack of beliefs in itself is absolutely nothing until you make it a life philosophy or hold it up in debates then it becomes a belief system. In this sense atheism will remain a belief system until there is conculsive proof or disproof of god.
Agnostic: Someone who does not know if there is a god or not. The person who chooses not to make a choice has already made their choice.
Believer: Any person who subscribes to any belief in a power greater than themselves.
- Everyone is entitled to their particular delusion.
- If someone believes differently from you please refer to rule one.
Ten things that Christians should not do:
- Do not threaten me with eternal damnation where I shall burn for eternity no matter how much you belief it because you
simply do not know this is fact and I believe it is a moral threat eternal balckmail.
- Please quit trying to save me. I do not really need saving as I doing just fine.
- Do not ask me to be an accessory to a murder (the crucifixion of jesus) I could care less about it (except for the fact that this was a cruel way to execute someone) and I am too good a person to have anything to do with murder.
- Do not pray for me. Substitute prayer for saving in number two and you have my answer here.
- Do not say you give more to charity then atheist because you do not. That ten percent you give to your church first pays for the utilities used by your church, than pays the pastor, then buys what the church and the pastor needs and finialy if there is any money leftover it goes into a bank account to support your church. THIS IS NOT CHARITY.
- Quit painting huge groups of people as inferior; Treat atheist, homosexuals, and women with respect and dignity they deserve.
If your god (or your own particular delusion) looks down on any group of people keep it to yourself.
- Quit acting like you are an aggrieved minority because you are not. christianity has more privilege and representation than
any other group of people.
- Keep your beliefs out of politics and science as you are too immature and hypocritical for it and you have the nasty habit of ignoring facts.
- Do not tell me what I should think, say, or do (mind rape). You do not have the knowledge or the moral imperative to do this.
- Leave your bible at the door. The old testament belongs to the Jewish faith and not the christains and the new testament is collection of writings authored and put together by the catholic church to create and codify the christian religion. It was designed to exert control by the church and the European Monarchs. It is riddled with historical inaccuracies, contradictions, and what I call astrologer speak. Language that can be twisted to support any proposition no matter how evil the intent.
All this boils down to one simple rule and fact that should have been learned in the sand boxes of Kindergarten. Play nice together and do not force yourself on me or anyone else and I will not call you out on it; turning to my group, Atheist.
- Do not call what christains call god a sky fairy. It is disrespectful and violates the rule one and two.Do not hold your belief system
superior to any other because it is not.
- There is a big difference between saying there is no proof for something and that it does not exist.
- Allow christains to make fools of themselves by advocating claims that they cannot prove.
- Do not equate atheism to scientific theory. Atheism IS a belief (a lack of it) and not a scientific theory. An atheist should allow for extraordinary claims as long as it is supported with extraordinary proof. There are many christian scientists (although most christains appear in the applied sciences and not the theoretical ones).
- I as an atheist do not want to remove religion from society (except in the normal course of entropy and evolution) but I attempt to purge it from my own personal sphere. Again everyone is entitled to their own delusions even me.
- Our government is composed of a system of checks and balances. The atheistic view point is necessary check as it helps to provide the buffer between church and state. This particular power of the atheist must be preserved. Instead of forcing atheism on society in a hawk mode it must be done with resolve and manners never using ridicule as a weapon.
- Although christains have a bloody and murderous past so does atheism. ANY belief system can be radicalized and used to justify any behavior including genocide.
- When a christian says, “Only the saved can go to heaven the atheist hears that, “Unless you believe like I do, you will go to hell”. Whys should an atheist have the least care about this. We DO NOT believe it.
- Atheist and christains tends to exaggerate about the each other when we are most assuredly alike. We both work, love, live,
and then die. The only real difference is what an atheist think happens next. I am happy to be left alone in the grave. I as an atheist am not afraid of death. I do not want eternal life.
- Atheist should remember along with the christians that you will never harass, pray, or reason the other out of existence. Only education, time, and understanding are the only hope for persuasion of the other side.
This rant of mine has one purpose and one purpose only. That in life, in the political sphere, and in our dealings with each other that our own personal bias and beliefs should be be acknowledged as equal and given the respect that we would want in the same situtation (Refer to rule one and two) and when both sides find themselves locked in debate and conversation BOTH sides treat each other with dignity that every person demands simply by their own existence.
COH will be strictly enforced. I will give one warning and one warning only.